Eating Insects North
Add edible insects to your plate!
Public fair, June 16 to 18, 2022, at Le Grand Marché de Québec
Join the Facebook event!
For a taste of the event, check out this enticing video!
- Activities offered
Eating Insects North is a free public activity to promote entomophagy and entotechnologies. Come meet insect farmers and processors who will present their products for human and animal consumption.
Discovery activities for all!
- Exhibitors kiosks
- Presentations on edible insects
- Food tasting with insects
- Culinary demonstrations and wine, beer and insect pairings
- Samples for market visitors
- Presentations on the potential of insects to promote food autonomy and environment protection
- Activities for children
Click here to view the schedule and detailed program.
An event not to be missed at the Grand Marché de Québec on June 16, 17 and 18, 2022!
- Special Guests
New York Chef Joseph Yoon (Brooklyn Bugs), culinary advisor of the IFW 2022 International Conference, will give live cooking demonstrations from the Mycelium kitchen in the company of renowned Quebec chefs:
- Chef Jean Soulard who, among other things, had a career at the prestigious Château Frontenac
- Chef François-Emmanuel Nicol of La Tanière, the restaurant par excellence for a disconcerting gastronomic experience in Quebec City
- Chef Nathalie Gourdeau, nutritionist and teacher at the École Hôtelière Fierbourg
Sommelier François Chartier will be presenting on wine and insect pairing, as well as insect flavor mapping!
Beer specialist Philippe Wouters (Bières et plaisirs) will give presentations on beer and insect pairing!
- General Information
Eating Insects North Schedule:
Thursday, June 16, 2022, from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Friday, June 17, 2022, from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday, June 18, 2022, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Location of the event:
Le Grand Marché de Québec
250-M Wilfrid-Hamel Boulevard
Quebec City, Quebec G1L 5A7
Click here for more details on how to get to the Grand Marché de Québec.
Join the Facebook event to get the details!